Wednesday 1 March 2017

Coup d'crud



Just about every week I report one of these little plastic tabs as missing. I open a loaf of bread and poof! Gone almost as fast as my PB&J sandwich.

Yesterday I hunted them down. They were ganging with my missing socks, underwear, paper clips, spare change, various screws, dry cleaning tags, Victoria's Secret receipts, dog hair, stale Cheerios, staples, boogers, Hershey's Kiss foil wrappers, beer bottle caps, floss and much more.

They were conspiring with the X-acto knife blades to stage a coup and take over the house. One of my chef's knives was there too. Apparently a small corner in the basement wasn't enough for them.

They are being held prisoner in a vacuum bag. Except for the chef's knife. I dulled his edge and hung him on the kitchen wall as an example to the other knives.

But still, some of those tabs are missing…