Monday 17 October 2016

Signs



I really enjoy reading some of the store signs on the way up to my cottage.

I think my favourite is: Milk, Worms and Moccasins.

I'm trying to think of a time I was buying milk and didn't also need moccasins.

Nope. Can't think of one.

I always fish in my moccasins so worms are a natural fit. And who doesn't enjoy a hot glass of cocoa with milk and…worms.

One particular gas station we pass has a huge sign on their property, which they populate with one word: Flowers.

Nothing screams flowers like a gas station, am I correct on that ladies?

I try to rush up there just before Valentines Day, since the selection is so varied.

"Hi. Can I get the Valvoline basket delivered to this very special girl? Yes, it's in that big ugly city, Toronto."

There is a mechanic attached to this gas station as well.

"Excuse me, are you out of roses that don't smell like brake fluid?"

"Hey, can you put these long stems on the lift, they're looking a little worn to me."

"Why is that man running at me with a lug wrench?"